Wednesday 9 April 2008

Liberty From Tyranny = Development?

I am worried. There are many things running through my mind after reading YM RPK's posting under No Holds Barred, "Come Hell Or High Water." RPK contended that the BN-led federal government, who controls the purse of the nation, intends to cut fundings due to PR-led state governments. It is part of their strategy to win back the states by forcing these states to come down on their heels and beg for funds.

What can we, the rakyat, do?


RPK postulated two possibilities and I certainly don't like the BN+PR option. I certainly wish that somehow PR can get 30 plus BN MPs to willing crossover to join their ranks (without monetary and position of power incentives of course). But should none occur, what then?

It may be little but it is certainly better than nothing at all

I guess I am starting my special piggy bank savings today. Who knows, with our little special contributions it will help these state governments to tide through. It wouldn't be much but since when do we put a price tag on liberty from tyranny? I hope many like minded people, who have poured out their time and effort to get PR into power in these 5 states will perhaps consider making special annual donations.

Yes, I know. Many of us paid our dues in the form of taxes. But, is our liberty only worth what we paid as our dues?

(Lest we forget, let's ensure what we owe to the PR-led state and local governments such as quit rent and assessments, parking tickets and others be paid in a timely manner)

I know I sounded naive. But honestly, should we just sit by and watch as the governments of our choice slowly fall at the hands of the oppressors? The price of development is not cheap. The Kelantanese waited for 18 years and only God knows how they deserve the development long due to them. The other 4 states are only starting this journey (Terengganu tried back in 1999 but they have since gave up when the development funds dried up). Unless and until PR takes over the federal government, I doubt BN are in the mood for love for the rakyat in these 5 PR governed states.

It is still too early some say but I am starting my savings anyway. It is never too early to be prepared for eventualities. The darkest hour may yet be upon us. Let's take a moment of silence and pray and ask Him to give us the strength to see this through and the courage to do the impossible for the good of all.

3 comments:

zewt said...

this is why i think anwar should really get the east side's MPs to defect and change the whole govt.

there is no right or wrong in politis anymore.

Seaqueen said...

Prayers and having faith in Him is my option. That's in my only powers at the moments. Again sour grapes like those "big-headed but without anything less than shit brains" politicians are actually digging a deeper and bigger grave for themselves if they're really pulling away the funds. Shows and confirmed that the majority that did not vote for them actually made a right choice. Yes, they will have the $$ in their hands but if all the citizens come together and face up to them, they will be nothing in the end. May the Lord be with us all the way.

myop101 said...

Dear

zewt: Since when in politics do we have right and wrong? I have only seen what-is-in-it-for-me antics thus far. Will there be what-is-in-it-for-the-rakyat?

seaqueen: True, without Him we can do nothing. But meanwhile, let's propose while He disposes. You never know. A ringgit a day will go a long way...:)