Saturday 8 December 2007

Another crisis in the making?

I am not sure about you but the changing of weather of late is really bad for health. I fell sick since yesterday and thank God I am now on recovery path. Anyway, I find it worrying when I read this news from Malaysiakini posted on 6 December 2007 on Zaki will be CJ in 10 months.

Honestly, how do one get a promotion in our judiciary anyway? What sort of KPIs are set for these judges to determine whether who deserves a promotion and who doesn't? From what I see, it appears that one important KPI a judge need is an UMNO membership. I mean, Zaki is the only judge I know who is clearly an UMNO member and he only took 3 months to move up the ranks to the become the Court of Appeal president since being appointed as a Federal Court judge. Don't they need to assess his performance first like whether he can handle the stress and working requirement of being a Federal Court judge? Wouldn't the judiciary want to see whether this guy is well versed and fair in his judgements before elevating him to be the no 2 man in the judiciary system as he needs to lead more learned and senior judges?

Well, if any of you thinks this is highly unfair as in 10 months time Mr Zaki will most likely to be promoted to the top position, please read the petition written by and posted in People's Parliament. You can then send an e-mail to savethejudiciary@gmail.com with your full name and identification card number. I have sent mine and I hope there will be another walk on this matter as I am looking forward to participate.

No comments: