Thursday 13 March 2008

Uncle Kit Apologises

It would seem that uncle Kit has issued an apology to His Majesty the Sultan of Perak and His Royal Highness the Regent of Perak for any offenses caused in regard to the appointment of Pasir Panjang state assemblyperson and Perak PAS secretary, Mohamad Nizar Jamaludin, as the 9th Menteri Besar of Perak.

His apology as I quote from his blog:

My three-paragraph statement at 7 pm last night that the DAP Central Executive Committee emergency meeting on 9th March had not given approval for a PAS Mentri Besar to head a Perak coalition state government was not made out of disrespect to the Perak Sultan and Regent both whom I have always held in the highest regard and I apologise for any offence caused. The statement was on the party position at the time.

Source: http://alvinsart.wordpress.com/

Hmmm, I am curious. What did transpire between 7 pm last night till the making of this public apology announcement? Oh well, so far Uncle Kit only provided the following:

There have been further discussions and developments on the matter in the hours after the statement. Announcements of the latest position will be made.

As for me, I will wait and see what will transpire next. I want to know what else he has to say. There are some who are clamouring for a full public apology to all offended parties. Personally, I don't think it is necessary but to clear misunderstanding, the next announcement should contain details and explanations as to why the departure from the original DAP CEC decision made on 9 March 2008. A simple "I am misquoted by the Press" will definitely not suffice.

The good news is the 18 DAP Perak state representatives
will be attending the swearing-in ceremony of the new Menteri Besar at 4 pm today.

----Update-----

Well, it seems DAP has yet to issue further announcements as of now. But I am disappointed by two developments after Uncle Kit issued his apology.

Firstly, apparently DAP and PAS had come out with a Perak executive council seat allocation that is detrimental to the whole coalition government i.e. DAP - 8, PKR - 1 and PAS - 1. This is very unfair. Can't they just stick to the original allocation i.e. DAP - 6, PKR - 2 and PAS - 2? That is afterall proportionate to total number of seats won by all these 3 parties. PKR, though still opted to maintain their support for the new coalition government, are nonetheless threatening to pull out from the state administration, a sad outcome if you ask me.

Secondly, pissing off His Royal Highness the Regent of Perak when PKR refuse to endorse the Regent's choice of Menteri Besar. Gosh, I thought there is a upfront agreement? Must I slap the word "sore loser" on the head of PKR's Jamaluddin? And awhile ago, I thought PKR is above this childish squabbling between DAP and PAS. Thank goodness, the Regent saw to it that each and every single state representatives from DAP, PKR and PAS put on paper that they endorse and support the chosen Menteri Besar.

Source: http://imaginationistimeless.blogspot.com/

Honestly, I would rather have a stable government than protracted arguments on who gets what. Seriously, enough jockeying of power. Listen to your calling, "To serve is better than be served". Serve the rakyat and fulfill their wishes for a better nation. Prove to them a real multi racial and religious coalition can work in harmony and unity.

Sigh. Wait, why am I wasting my time? Why should I even be bothered if these people aren't mature enough to get their acts together like real adults? I can't believe I am about to say this but I hope the Regent just ask BN to form the Perak state government. His Royal Highness should do like what God did to the Israelites when they refuse to enter the Promise Land out of fear and distrust. Let them wonder around the desert for 40 years until this generation of leaders die out.

2 comments:

zewt said...

it's a good thing. yeah, i wonder what happened during that period of time.

by the way, did u hear the news? the hated one in our previous work place resigned.

myop101 said...

dear zewt,

i only hope things will turn for the better. same here. still waiting for announcement from DAP.

hmmm, the hated one, resigned? this is news. but there are a few. i wonder which you are referring to...:P