Sunday 9 March 2008

Finally...

I went to Malacca after I cast my vote. It was a hassle really to wait in line but nonetheless, my aim is clear. I must cast my vote to support PAS (Parliament) and PKR (State). Honestly, this is not the best example to follow but I voted without knowing anything about my candidates. All I know is, one is a moon, the other apparently, an eye (I still think it is a eclipse on a moon though). Sigh... it is like an ancient arranged marriage where one will only see the spouse on the night of the wedding itself...

Where I started. Sigh... Sadly no reading material like the lady in front of me...

I am worried in the sense that both these candidates are facing formidable opponents with huge majorities where the incumbents previously won with huge majorities (I am partly to be blamed for casting my votes for them previously in 2004 general election).

About 40 minutes later, bored voters waiting after me...

By the time I reach there around 10 a.m., there are about 50 people waiting in front of me. Wow... this is worse than a queue in Immigration Department applying for renewal of my passport. Anyway, by the time it is my turn (about an hour later), I readily hand in my identification card. I noticed the serial number of my voting papers are still there. But thankfully, no one wrote the serial numbers at the side of my name. It was quick. Scan for the logos and cross at the boxes next to those selected symbols.

After like what seemed like eternity, I am close to my target...

I went off soon after to Malacca to see the situation there. Feedback from my friends indicated DAP will retake Kota Melaka. Good...

Of course, more good news came. Many of the useless Klang Valley Lassie wannabes lost. The part on Kelantan being retained by PAS is good but but the shocking moment came when I was told Penang has been captured by the Opposition! Wow.... and then news about Kedah being captured as well. I was thinking, perhaps RPK is right, he has make a very good prediction! Sadly, Perlis and Terengganu remained in the hands of BN. But as replacement, the Opposition garnered enough votes to capture Selangor and Perak!

And the good this is, I read in Malaysiakini, my former MP lost by 26K majority to the PAS candidate! I almost shed a tear hearing that. Despite, my constant preaching to others about the importance of their one vote, I feel tired and indifferent because I realised that collectively, many people just don't believe that their 1 vote will make any difference. Now at least I can go round and tell each and everyone of them that change can come if we collectively work together to make it so! Haha...

And of course, by the time it is 2.42 A.M., I read from Malaysiakini that BN lost their 2/3 majority and the Opposition collectively garnered 82 parliamentary seats! Yay! No more tears, just gladness and joy.

Source: http://thinkonitdevotions.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/let-god-be-magnified/


Finally. The Lord has answered my prayers.


And now, the new journey begins. Somehow, as I drive along Elite highway and pass through the Sempadan Negeri Selangor Darul Ehsan signboard, Klang Valley felt different.

Oh, by the way, my PKR state representative candidate won too...:O)

No comments: