Thursday 8 May 2008

Why Do I Still Fear?

This morning I dragged myself into office filled with trepidation. I was worried. Sigh... Must it be a showdown? You see, a good night sleep or in my case, a bad one but I was thoroughly satisfied reading the online manga on www.onemanga.com the whole night to distract myself do change one's perspective of things.

Honestly, I was filled with anger. Though satisfied the day before giving an ultimatum (not like I have much of a choice given my new employer also set an ultimatum for me), I don't feel all that good inside. In my mind, why must it come to this stage? Tsk, tsk. What a waste.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83269636@N00/471169878/

I had no mood whatsoever to work. But I know I have to complete my work. Then the phone rang. It was my boss. He told me to go into the room. Sigh...

He wasn't too pleased from his facial expression. I was thinking along the line,"You can pack and go. We don't need you."

Instead, he told me he is agreeing to the 2 weeks notice after discussion with my managers. I am not sure how that changed his stand ("They are putting a knife at my throat." was his most "memorable" phrase) but I know the 24 hours notice shocker must have jolted him somewhat. Seriously, it was a gamble that paid off. I felt relieved (but deep down, it doesn't seem that way).

Anyway, he wants me to finish this report by tomorrow. Problem is, I started but it was like an intro page. I told him that. He said, he still needs me to help him to write some stuff. He said he has a trip to make next week. So he can't see the report. Sigh. Fine. In my mind, I will try my best.

After stepping out of the room, I proceed to do the report. In my mind, it would have been easy if it is just writing the report alone. But I have a presentation to do. I have to still run some models and revert to the client. Obviously, by the end of the day, I am tired. I decided to go home. Besides that, the report can't be completed until a model is established. Gosh. It is a cruel world indeed.

Yes, I know. I have resigned. I spoke to my friend, myrrkat. She said, just tell him tomorrow you actual progress and toss the ball back into his court. See what he will do. Sigh. How I wish it was so.

The responsible me keep beckoning me to work till late night. But I still have 7 more episodes to go before I finish the manga! Sigh... manga calls...

On another note...

Yes, I am well aware to that some silly minister somehow was apparently misconstrued when he said that in fighting corruption, having OSA is sufficient to take care of the interests of whistleblowers.

Source: http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/dissent/documents/defamation.html

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Mohd Nazri Abdul Aziz told the house this morning that the government had no plan to enact the (Whistleblowers) Act, as well as the Freedom of Information Act.

"We have no plan to enact any of these acts because although we have the Official Secrets Act, the cabinet can decide on anything that need to be declassified at anytime," he said in replying to a supplementary question from Dr Siti Mariah Mahmud (PAS-Kota Raja) during the question session.

Siti Mariah had asked Nazri whether the government would enact the Whistleblower Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act.


However when met later at the Parliament lobby, Mohd Nazri said he was misconstrued over his reply in the House.

"What I meant is that we have no intention to amend any existing Act and the Whistleblower Protection Act is not even an Act yet," he said.

I see. So apparently, when Siti Mariah asked about enacting Whistleblowers Act and Freedom of Information Act, his one size fit all answer must be understood in the context of only dealing with Freedom of Information Act.

I know it sounds illogical. One deals with keeping a key prosecution witness as a secret, the other deals with being transparent and accountable about national records like a toll road concession agreement. How do these two agree anyway except it is about secrets and that one is obviously alive and wants to keep it that way while the other is dead but haunts the living?

Tsk, tsk... Now you know why the BN Government felt defamed all the time?

4 comments:

zewt said...

hey.. u should really refrain from giving more than 100% after u resign...

those resignees in your previous dept... playing games and facebooking during office hour! lol!

myop101 said...

dear zewt,

hahaha... waah, i didn't know. damn, i should do the same!

Seaqueen said...

Yea, I agree with Zewt. If not you'll spoil the market out there. Hahhaha!!!

myop101 said...

dear seaqueen,

hehe, i will try... the responsible me is bugging me every waking hour. but i still want to watch my animes and read my mangas!

haha...