Monday 5 May 2008

A tale of two disgruntles

The first disgruntled customer, Myrrkat:

It is weird really. Imagine yourself being a happy and loyal customer to a telco provider for many years. In fact, it was your first and only one. It made you feel special, until one fine day you decided to try another telco provider.


You registered for a special prepaid number and decided to switch to postpaid. Then the bad news. You have been barred. You were flabagasted.

"Barred? Me? Why?" you asked.

"You were barred by your current telco provider, Maxis. Apparently, your name has been blacklisted." said the Digi sales consultant.

You dialed 123 using your handphone. It was spiral all the way down. You soon realised apparently you have been charged for a service you never use. You twist your brow and then a realisation struck. Your bent brow straighten.

Source: http://daringrocket.com/2007/10/disgruntled-cat

"The broadband bill? But I never got the connection. Your people said I don't have to pay and they will reverse it!"

It was downhill from there. You soon realised you can't register for a postpaid line with Digi. And you have to go to Maxis outlet at KLCC to sort things out. Damn! So you dutifully went anyway. You looked at the clock. Darn, 1.30 pm. Sigh. Oh well...

At the KLCC outlet, the friendly (yet bored and tired looking) sales consultant broke the bad news.

"Ma'am, your name has been blacklisted on CTOS."

That's the story of Myrrkat. Is this love? Is this the price of loyalty? No dear, there's no more love for Maxis. Yes, you can sing your Hotlink tune, you can also run your "It's all about communicating" slogan for Maxis. But you obviously couldn't care. And all for RM12.35 or RM12.36. Whatever.


The second disgruntled customer, Myop101 explains:

It was a usual weekend walk down the Carrefour Midvalley aisle. You noticed a Maxis stand. Then a guy in green t-shirt said, "Sir, Ma'am, would you like to register for our broadband service?"

And I was then thinking, Not interested. I am here for milk and cereals.

My wife pulled my arm. I stopped. She was listening to that guy in green t-shirt. Then we sat down on the chair. And the guy started explaining about the Family plan. Apparently, if we sign up for another supplementary line, we don't have to pay for anything. We asked about charges and such.

"Sir, you don't have to worry, this monthly commitment fees are waived if you don't use the line..." he said.

I interjected,"Free? Are you sure? What if I activated it and stop using it after awhile?"

"It's ok, the monthly commitment fees would be waived." he replied.

That was last year. I checked my April'08 bill. I have been billed RM50 commitment fees for it.

Source: http://disgruntledsid.blogspot.com/

I called. I was fuming. What is this? I thought the guy said it will be waived.

Spoke to Maxis customer care consultant. She wasn't too pleased from her tone of voice. Was kind of rude as far I care. I was fuming mad. I asked for clarification. She spoke and insisted she is right. I told her about what happened. She apparently couldn't understand my anger. I am telling her I felt cheated. She is telling me it is per the terms and conditions of the contract. I told her to strike off the supplementary number and revert my primary line to Value 50 plan.

She was happy when I was done of course. Imagine getting of the line from being yelled at by one angry customer. I am still fuming mad. Where's the love? Where's the recognition of loyalty? Where's the understanding? Well, that's communication ala Maxis style.

The interesting twist is, I got a call from Maxis today. Apparently they were concerned with why I cancelled my supplementary line. I told them what I felt. Yes, the word is cheated. But his question of course is to find out if I will do anything to my primary and the other supplementary line. Urgh...

5 comments:

zewt said...

there is a supposedly boycott initiative on maxis right? cos the owner is crony or something. anyway, it didnt work. and from the way you described.... looks like they are being a big bully.

myop101 said...

dear zewt,

they are a big bully... should be careful.

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I'd just cancel the Maxis subscription. Go for DiGi and experience the difference. I did! No regrets! ;)

myop101 said...

dear anon @ 6:09 pm,

I will, eventually. i am waiting for the day when 012, 013, 016 and so on prefix are not telco-centric and you can move your number.

Anonymous said...

No need to wait lah! Kill two birds with one stone: opt for the better telco and also stop lining the pockets of so-called cronies! ;)