Sunday 21 September 2008

Some Pics From Manila

When I was told by my boss we were going to Manila, I was worried. After all, I have to do a presentation there with him. Also, I was quite reluctant to leave the country at this moment as I was expecting momentous political changes that might be taking place right before my very eyes.

Aerial shot taken from the plane

However, at the same time, I was excited to travel to a country where a number of my cell members call home. I didn't take much pictures though since we were rushing from one place to another and most of the time, we were stuck in our client's cars as we zipped across Manila. But I am amazed by the number of billboards displayed in Manila.



I saw plenty of beautifully painted jeepneys driving pass our car but I couldn't manage to get good shots of the creativity spirit shown on these cars. So instead, I took this from a shopping mall...:P


Didn't have much opportunity to try many types of food but remembering hearing about Jollibee, I decided to try out their value meal.


Not bad really. The beef patty tasted different from our McD and somehow, more beef-like. Hmmm, I wonder if we will have one franchise chain here soon...:) Oh yeah and I managed to try this in Manila:


which cost PhP22 from a certain stall in a cafeteria located in Ayala Mall.


Overall, I think this trip was really short and I would want to make another private visit in the near future (provided my cell buddies are there to take me around). Oh yeah, if any of you are reading this, here's an ad from Jollibee for you...:)

3 comments:

zewt said...

wah lau... what is that thing that cost 22 pesos?

Seaqueen said...

Wow! They have Jollibee there too? They used to be open in Kuching but it closed down cos not very good response. Miss it.

myop101 said...

Dear

zewt: that will be balut (hehe, check wikipedia la). though my filipino friend said to be exact, it is something else...

seaqueen: yeah. the beef patty tastes like real beef... not like...McD...hahaha