Wednesday 24 September 2008

Job Hazzards

Actually, I am quite ashamed about writing this and I didn't even share it with my boss (who is a very open and friendly person btw). But since zewt wrote about a very interesting blog on hypocrisy, I thought I might as well spill it.

A few months back, I was sent on an overseas trip alone to our neighbouring country to do a site visit as we are exploring whether to consider viability of a project there. I was worried of course because I have only met the client once in a coffee lounge of a certain hotel somewhere and I was taking notes (like a quiet secretary writing down notes).

So anyway, I was very scared because I represent my boss. If it boils down to making a call on the viability (every client would like to know our "feel" on it there and then), how am I empowered to discuss about it? Anyway, things went smoothly and it was all over before I knew it. And yes, he popped the question and I replied by telling the facts. It somehow worked and he was pleased.

Anyway, the next thing I am most worried about is the entertainment aspect. For those who knows me personally, I am sure you can vouch I am like a prune when it comes to strangers. Anyway, again, being alone, I somehow managed to summon courage to talk to them (and quite enjoyed it as well surprisingly).

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwwjonathantaylornet/139294000/

What I didn't expect next was to go to a massage parlour. Seriously, what can I say? I am tired? At 10 pm? I am at least 5 to 10 years younger. Though my client told his buddy he is tired and he wants to retire, his buddy kept bugging him to go. So, being a passenger, I could only say, "Yeah, ok..." Big mistake.

So he drove us to a stand alone building somewhere and the first sign I noticed at the door is:

"Men only"

Hmmm....

I was like thinking in my head, "OH NO! Lord help me! I don't want to do anything stupid which I will regret for the rest of my life."

Anyway, I walked in, looked around and guess what I saw? A row of girls on display and the mama-san (a transvestite btw) came round and welcome us. I see...my client's buddy must be a regular here. So, I just look around, pretend to be interested when I am not. But the girls are very pretty and I wondered, "the boobs, wow, are they real?"

This buddy friend then whispered to my ear, "Eh, the girl numbered XX (can't remember), isn't she pretty?" I innocently said yes. Seriously, it was strictly a reply to a question and not an affirmation to choose her. I didn't know the yes means... I have to go to the room upstairs with that girl. He could see my rather panicky face and he said something along the line, don't worry, just follow her and she will give you a good massage. The stupid me actually said, "oh really? ok...."

She was quite pretty really and friendly. She held my hands and I walked with her nervously into the lift. I was smiling and nervously look around. Hey, why is there a big naked seductive woman picture on the lift doors?

From thereon, we went to a room and she began to take off her clothes. I was so shocked! Seriously! So I asked, "You are just going to do massage right? Why are you taking your clothes off?" She laughed and said, "We shower" and pointed to the bathtub (there are no windows or doors to separate the in-build bathtub and the bed).

Dumbfounded, I asked, am I supposed to take off my clothes? Needless to say, we are both naked and in the bathtub not too long after. She basically showered and scrubbed me and I thought, "This is only a massage. Even during massage we take off clothes."

Anyway, after the shower, we went to the bed. I dried myself and I covered myself with a towel. She then took out what I noticed unmistakably is a condom and KY jelly!

The panicking me quickly said,"No sex! no sex! no sex!"

Source: http://www.tutorialjungle.com/display.php?t=red-shock-text

She was shocked. She asked why? She wanted to know if there is something wrong with her. I told her it is not, I am only here because I am accompanying my client.

To be impartial, she is very beautiful and young (ok la, not too young around early 20s?). Quite physically well endowed. As a matter of comparison, she is indeed more beautiful and seductive than my wife (I hope she is not reading this...:P).
Anyway, I told her I am only here for massage. Sex is out of my mind. Then she asked why? I then took out my ring (which I usually takes off before shower) and showed her. I told her, "I am married. There is nothing wrong with you. In fact, you are a beautiful and friendly girl and I am sure many men are attracted to you."

After many assurances and about 10 minutes later, I told her we should go down. She was quite downcast. I told her she shouldn't be so sad as physically, there is nothing wrong with her. Anyway, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and thanked me (I gave her a small tip, about RM50 for her bathing service and no massage).

There I said it. As a guy (yes I am one and straight for that matter), I might be perceived by my peers as a "failure". But you know what? I was and still am glad. I always wondered if I can be faithful to my wife if I was ever tempted by someone more beautiful and seductive. I fear committing the sin of adultery and I for one, don't want to fall into this temptation. To realise I manage to resist it is to me a blessing from God.

When I am back in the hotel, all I could do was send a SMS to my boss stating I was almost raped by woman. He replied with laughter. Till today, I have not shared with him what was this all about but he didn't ask so let's just keep it that way (Btw, I didn't share with my wife either. Weird huh? I should be triumphantly telling her I manage to resist because she always tease me that I will commit adultery if a beautiful girl seduces me).

9 comments:

zewt said...

are u 100000000% sure your wife didnt read this?

hahahahahahahahaha.... she didnt try to rape you lah... she tried to tackle you! hahahaha...

kudos to you for magnificent self control.

Seaqueen said...

Bloody good! Are you sure your wife didn't read this?!!! What went through your mind??!!! Took a bath with her some more. I'd have whacked your head to make you come to your senses man!

But luckily you didn't succumbed. Thank God for that.

myop101 said...

Dear

zewt: haha... i felt it will be weird if some friends of mine accidentally blurt it out so i told her to read it myself. she didn't seem too upset though. i will know tonight...:P

seaqueen: er... to be honest, i really thought that is part of the whole massage thing.

anyway, being a bit smarter now, i think i will do like what my other bosses do, i just say i have some work to urgently do. failing which, i will go to those places BUT i will sneak out and hang out around that place la...

Anonymous said...

you asked your wife to read your blog instead of telling her directly? wat is wrong with u??
*smack head*

myop101 said...

Dear anon @ 4:49 pm,

I know it is weird but sometimes it is easier to just write it down. the only difference is I didn't print it out and put it in an envelope and place it on a table.

Can't explain it. Sigh...

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

emm....brother, while i would say that you did good, i would seriously suggest that you should refrain yourself from being tempted. I do seriously believe you are spiritually stronger than I am, but it is a bad idea to allow yourself to be tempted.

Remember the part -

...And lead us not into temptation...?

For a lustful person like me, there would be no turning back once I am in the room, honestly speaking. So the idea is not to be in the room in the first place...!


As for telling your wife, from my experience dating my current gf for the past 9 years, that's the biggest mistake you ever made!!!!

brother, i foresee many many sleepless nights for you...in any case, you can always call me up for a drink or two just to drown your sorrows...

KaKiaYam

myop101 said...

Dear chicken feet,

It is hard to refrain from going to these places when one is out with clients. So, my only precautionary steps are:

i) Cite "I have brought work from office and I need to get it done" and promptly return to hotel room (I don't quite like this as it might involves telling lies. I guess the way around it is to bring work like documents and such to read),

ii) If I have to go, I will be on lookout for exit opportunities without being seen as a non-team player,

iii) Worse come to worse, go into the room and just wait (since I did succeed the first time, don't see why not the second time. If will just be talks in there anyway).

As for telling my wife, she is unhappy right now but at times like this, I think being honest with her is better than hiding it and risk getting exposed. The worst thing is to get caught and put on the defensive when I didn't even do anything. But will I be in sorrows, we shall no in the coming days...:P

As for faith, at junctures of life like this, we will only know if we choose to deviate or walk firmly. each of us have our own failings and Achilles heels. It just so happen this is not mine. Have faith in the Lord that we can stand firm with Him and resist it...:)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha .. :p
So no birthday gift for you this year ?

myop101 said...

Dear CW,

hehe...got la... she was upset but she is ok now...

since you are concerned, you can give me something lo...hahaha....