Monday 15 September 2008

D-Day tomorrow?

Life is kind of strange.

When we set our minds to achieve that one goal and when we are near it, we know we have to keep pushing ourselves until we reach it. In fact, many a time, some encouragement and will power would be needed for the last leg as fatigue tend to set in. I for one, am prone to just giving up at the last minute, perhaps because I am satisfied to be at where I am. Which is kind of sad really as I will always wonder about "what ifs".

At other times, when I actually achieve that one goal, I always look around and can't help but observe the faces of people around me, trying to read their facial expression, wishing silently that there are no disapproval and if any should arise, I would instantly run off to that person and ask for feedbacks.

Source: http://thesonofmrskarma.kaisetsu.org/images/AnwarIbrahim.jpg

These past few weeks, a few of my buddies asked if I think 916 is achievable since I kept telling them not to panic and we should patiently wait for 916 event to come to pass. I kept telling them that my gut feel tells me it is close and it is achievable. Of course, to some, I always ask them, if not, what else do we have but what we see before us?

Many then said DSAI credibility would be at stake if 916 don't happen. He will receive unlimited amount of ridicule from BN and that would affect his credibility as some wisely said.

But for those who placed hope in DSAI, in the past few weeks, months or years, is DSAI merely DSAI? I for once look upon him not just as a mere human with flaws like each and every one of us but rather as symbolism of change itself even if he is not the perfect model leader than most would like.

Afterall, what option do we have between the devil or the deep dark abyss?


I have a friend who has dreams of what she would like to achieve in life. Because of some unforeseen circumstances, she has to settle for what she may see as 2nd best and often, when I spoke to her, it would appear to me that she longs for the "what ifs" she inevitably gave up.

As a person with high expectations in life, she often picks the best of each and everything she had before and compares with the present what she has. From the way she spoke, it would appear her ideal life would remain as what it is, a dream, because to be honest, I am skeptical such a life exists in the first place. But she seemed pragmatic in accepting the reality of living. She makes the best she could out of what she has and she seemed somewhat accepting to the reality of the situation (though she spoke much of the "what ifs" during our conversations).

So, what is my gut feel if DSAI 916 event fails to materialise tomorrow? Like my friend with dreams, I will be pragmatic about it. DSAI, as a human, may fail to deliver the message but it is already written in our hearts and minds anyway. It is the same song played in our heads and a feeling we just can't suppress.

Who doesn't want a better future for their children and loved ones? Who doesn't want to have harmony, peace and stability? Who doesn't want justice and fairness where everyone has a go under the same sun and soil?

Source: http://www.imagesforreflection.com/splash.gif

Will I give up on dreaming that someday the Federal Government will be ruled by a different party? I don't think so. It was an impossible dream to begin with, to see the erosion of 2/3 majority held by BN and 5 states ruled by the opposition. For it all started from a dream anyway born out of the sea of unrighteousness, unfairness, discontent and unhappiness. For so long as such a sea keep raging in us, the winds and waves of change would surely work in us, nudging us to sit up and move from the comfort of sitting on our laurels to do something about it.

All it takes is merely someone to be brave enough to lead the pack for change. Today it is DSAI, but who knows, who it will be tomorrow? But until then, DSAI it is then and if 916 turns to 920 or the 13th general election, I will wait, I will write and I will most certainly speak.

2 comments:

zewt said...

your gut-feel may be wrong since anwar is going to hold a press conf at 2pm :P...

anyway, like you, i am not expecting much, not today.

myop101 said...

dear zewt,

it's ok if i am wrong on this one...:) i have no protest whatsoever...:)