Wednesday 16 January 2008

Clearing My Room on Monday Night

Tired!

I am very tired after cleaning out my room on Monday. It was 1 a.m. and my room was practically emptied (except for my clothes and such which I left in the in-built cabinet). But it took a toll on me as I have to wake up at 6.15 a.m. for work the next day. With lack of sleep, I proceeded to go to work and I was just hoping things will get by easily for the rest of week. Well sad to say, instead, I landed myself with extra urgent workload. Oh well...

My sentiments exactly...

Source: http://www.gascoals.net/

Anyway, because of the workload, I didn't manage to write my blog yesterday. There are interesting things on political front like some top Lassie attempted to promote its brand of hardwork and claimed others aren't on the ground like they do (I wonder what will he say to Lina Joy and Subashini when he meets them?). Well, Ms Theresa will disagree of course but that is not the main thing I want to talk about.

Instead, you might wonder why in the world did I clear my room on Monday night? Well, the thing is, I am swapping my room with my sister's. My room, being the smallest among the three rooms upstairs (quite typical given I am the youngest and least favoured), can't exactly fit the needs of two persons. So I asked my parents back when I announced to them I am getting married and staying put with them, whether I could do a room swap. My mom said ok and is supportive simply because she sees the practical aspect of my request while my dad, predictably, said this cannot do because of Feng Shui. Apparently, my zodiac do not permit me to place my bed on that side of the building least ill wills befall on me. Personally, I think he is using it as an excuse that the only reason why he said no is because that is my sister's room. I tried to talk to him further on this but he made it known that this is not up for negotiation.

My sister, despite our differences, has graciously agreed to this arrangement when I spoke to her later. It also made perfect sense because she will be marrying end of this year. She will move out to her new condominium and to her, her present room will be of little use to her. Well, when I told my dad she is agreeable, he said he wants to talk to her first (See! he doesn't even trust my word and it confirmed my suspicion on his hogwash Feng Shui argument/excuse). He finally agreed to let us do a room swap.

So zoom back to the present, I was bogged moving my things out on Monday night. But why Monday night? Because the next day the furniture man came with our pre-ordered furnitures. A new bed, a dressing table/cabinet, a small cabinet and a bookshelf while I slog through Tuesday trying to get my work done.

The hard part is now to rearrange my stuff while trying to finalise my wedding plans. I forgot to take a photo of my new furniture but then again, I can post it later when I finally re-arrange all my stuff. Hmm...

2 comments:

zewt said...

so you're the only Christians in the family i presume?

and decided not to move out it seems eh?

i think i am going to miss the election.

myop101 said...

Dear zewt,

Yes to both. Don't be too worried about the election. It will only most probably be held after CNY.

Then again, who knows? I hope they don't try to have it during my wedding and honeymoon!