Sunday 3 August 2008

Mom's 58th Birthday!

Tomorrow is my mom's 6th pre-chemotherapy treatment examination. If all goes well, she will undergo her 5th chemotherapy treatment on Tuesday. Can't wait for the day the doctor gives her a clean slate of health or at least just say, "you responded well to the treatment and there are no more signs of tumour".

Sometime during the week, we celebrated her 58th birthday. It was a quiet family affair started in a Japanese restaurant and we continued our celebration at home when we sang her a birthday song and presented her a cake (I think it is from Secret Recipe). She took more than a minute making a wish.


In some ways, I feel guilty. I realised I didn't do much for mom and with each passing years, there are lesser time left for us to be together. I am keeping track of a list of places I can bring mom to visit once she recovers...:)

I wonder, in today's stressful working environment, will we be satisfied with a big pay in return for late nights and commitments to work or a lower paying one in return for family time? I know not everyone is blessed with a reasonable pay with reasonable expectation. To all you lucky people out there, do appreciate your loved ones. You only get to live once.

Btw, if you use MRR2 on daily basis, you should take this opportunity to thank God for keeping you well and good. It is saddening to read how for the 3rd time, they found cracks on the Kepong flyover.

7 comments:

zewt said...

I've included your mom as my daily devotional morning prayer and have been consistently praying for her... I sense God is doing a good work in her so... no worries...

Be anxious about nothing.

as for cracks in our roads... what else is new. and today the news said... it's the time of the year... haze... gee... are we supposed to celebrate or something?

myop101 said...

dear zewt,

thanks...:)

Kenny said...

hi keng yew, you may wish to check out this website: http://www.drrathresearch.org/sci_discoveries/cancer.html

myop101 said...

dear kenny,

thanks!...:)

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

I wonder, in today's stressful working environment, will we be satisfied with a big pay in return for late nights and commitments to work or a lower paying one in return for family time?

will you, my brother?

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

i was having some emotional turmoil for the past 2 weeks....

and maybe out of the pessimism, i counted the days before i may most probably pass on...


so let say i may live til 65. That means 65 - 33 = 32 yrs.

32 yrs. x 365 days = 11680 days...


hehe, not much leh...

Kenny said...

keng yew, you may wish to do a google on golden needle mushroom and cancer. some research conducted in singapore.