Thursday 21 August 2008

Loyal Companion or Property? Your Heart Makes A Difference

As I was walking to my car earlier, I decided to give myrrkat a call to catch up on things. Assuming all is well, I spoke in cherry mode. She however replied in a solemn and sad tone. I found out she was very sad as her dog is having cancer (Her dog have apparently been limping). Apparently, the vet said they can't do anything for the dog as it is a very malignant and aggressive growth. The vet suggested to put the dog to sleep.

She was of course devastated.
Her dog has been a loyal companion for quite a number of years. I couldn't say much to comfort her except that perhaps by putting the dog to sleep, it lessens the dog's pain.

Source: http://www.animal-protection.net/

It is hard to deal with death, what more if it is one of your loyal companions. I had personally saw my own pet dog died suffering from a flu infection (it is very lethal on dogs). I wept because I felt helpless and we then just adopted him from PAWS for less than a week. We didn't have the chance to name him.

So when I received this article from World Net Daily, I felt very disturbed, "China flaying animals alive".

As I read on, I stumbled on a video. I watched it.

Tears wallowed in my eyes when I saw a skinned alive racoon dog struggled and died.
Then the stepping on the animal neck and head to crush the living daylight out of the animal? I felt like throwing up.

No living creature deserves this kind of treatment. It is inhumane and cruel. I have posted the video stream below.


Pledge to go fur-free at PETA.org.

I know rural China is poor. I know they need to feed the people. But not at the expense of treating animals like properties rather than living beings. I feel sick. Is this the price of vanity?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might not be the most animal loving person around but even then... how can China be so cruel to everything that is not human?

Seaqueen said...

Nope. It's not the price of vanity. But the price of ignorance. They can be completely over the moon on their latest stunts and technology for their olympic but they seem to forget small simple things.

I have a great example in my house, this China gal living here. Educated in KDU but dirtier than the beggar on the street. As well as extremely inconsiderate. Being a Chinese, I'm ashamed to say I have ancestors from China at times, seeing these people behave.

Valerie Chong said...

I feel like my heart has been ripped open too. I can't finish the video.

myop101 said...

dear

seaqueen: it is sickening right? the fact that their country can spend so much to set "world standards" on running olympics when simple decency and respect can't be shown to other living creatures...

valerie chong: perhaps it is best not to finish watching it. it is just too cruel...