Monday 3 November 2008

And it comes in 5s

Today is Monday. I dread Mondays. Monday is the day signifying the start of the working week. And on these days, I have to wake up 5 minutes past 6. I have to leave my house 15 minutes before 7 in hope that I will reach my wife's office about 45 minutes later.

Source: http://drewmaniac.blogspot.com/2007/10/chucks-and-mondays.html


I know I have to work late on Mondays because it usually takes longer to get the working mood in order. I left around 9.35 pm today and I paid my RM5 parking as well.

On Sundays, I usually lament around 5 pm as the sun slowly sets at the western horizon and I dread the next day which reminds me the 5 working torturous days ahead. Oh how I dread Mondays.

And today, guess what?

I was surprised that Valuecap owes its shareholders RM5 billion which it does not seem to be able to pay. And EPF is supposed to loan them RM5 billion on the basis that they are a good investment company which will profit from taking advantage of undervalued stocks (but for the fact that Valuecap's superior-investment-research-technique-investing-on-portfolio-basis includes getting the lenders to lengthen their repayment by another 3 years which was conveniently forgotten to be mentioned by both current finance ministers and the immediate past one as well).

Will EPF face the same come whenever it is supposed to collect back its principal loaned? Well we know Valuecap has set a precedent which it may or may not follow. It really depends on its superior-investment-research-technique-investing-on-portfolio-basis.

And before the day concluded, I read about Tony Pua was upset with the RM5 billion or so losses Silterra suffered. And guess what Silterra and Valuecap has in common? Khazanah Nasional as their main shareholder and creating an impression that monies grow on trees.

Source: http://library.thinkquest.org/J003358F/trivia.html

Sigh... if only I bury my head under the pillow and let the Mondays and 5s pass right by...

No comments: